30 November 2015

Review: Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Release Date: June 9, 2015
Book Format: ARC
# of Pages: 288
Synopsis: An anxiety disorder disrupts fourteen-year-old Audrey’s daily life. She has been making slow but steady progress with Dr. Sarah, but when Audrey meets Linus, her brother’s gaming teammate, she is energized. She connects with him. Audrey can talk through her fears with Linus in a way she’s never been able to do with anyone before. As their friendship deepens and her recovery gains momentum, a sweet romantic connection develops, one that helps not just Audrey but also her entire family.






Meet Sophie (Taken from goodreads)
Madeleine Wickham (born 12 December 1969) is a bestselling British author under her pseudonym, Sophie Kinsella. Educated at New College, Oxford, she worked as a financial journalist before turning to fiction. She is best known for writing a popular series of chick-lit novels. The Shopaholic novels series focuses on the misadventures of Becky Bloomwood, a financial journalist who cannot manage her own finances. The books follows her life from when her credit card debt first become overwhelming ("The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic") to the latest book on being married and having a child ("Shopaholic & Baby"). Throughout the entire series, her obsession with shopping and the complications that imparts on her life are central themes.

Gemma Townley is her sister.




My Review:
I got an ARC of Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella from work and this is my honest review.

I originally picked this up because I am a fan of young adult books and I figured, if I was going to start Sophie Kinsella I might as well start with a genre that I knew I liked. But as I got into the book I realized the story was about a girl named Audrey who had severe anxiety which caused her to have to leave school and stay in the house while she received treatment. I connected with this because I have anxiety a lot.

I enjoyed all of the aspects of this book from all the family drama around computer games all the way to Linus and Audrey talking and getting to know each other. My favorite character by far was the mother just because of how crazy she was. She reminds me of a few people in my family and I thought was hilarious. Practically every scene with the mother in it had me cracking up.

The most touching part of the book was that even though the family had its fair share of crazy moments, they cared for one another. They were all always there for Audrey even though she went through phases of having to wear her dark sunglasses for weeks at a time. Her family stuck by her at all times, no matter what.

Overall, this book totally gets a 5 out of 5 stars and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a nice family story which contains a bunch of chuckles which I promise you will get out of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs