20 November 2015

Review: Bulletproof by Maci Bookout

Bulletproof by Maci Bookout
Publisher: Post Hill Press
Release Date: July 21, 2015
Book Format: Hardcover
# of Pages: 188
Synopsis: Maci Bookout was just a normal, slightly overachieving high school girl in Chattanooga, Tennessee. But then she got pregnant, and everything turned upside down. Even as she rose to fame on MTV's hit series Teen Mom, Maci was struggling to balance life as a single teen mom with her own hopes and dreams...all while honoring her own sense of independence.
This is the true story of how she took charge of the unexpected to build a life for herself and her son Bentley, and managed not to go crazy in the process. Because sometimes growing up is an act of will...and Maci's will is bulletproof.



  
My Review:
I borrowed Bulletproof by Maci Bookout from work and this is my honest review.

I have been watching 16 & Pregnant as well as all of the different Teen Mom shows that were out there. A lot of people I knew always put this show down. Many people said these girls just wanted attention and they were really horrible people. Hearing people say this about these shows always shocked me and made me feel uncomfortable about admitting that I watched every single episode of every single season. But those were the old days, now I am completely comfortable admitting that I watch all of these shows.

To be completely honest, I started watching back in high school because I thought it was a good idea. I figured it would be a good way to make sure at least I never became a teen mom. Not that I had many boyfriends in high school but watching the show ensured that I was more responsible than I already thought I was. Watching these girls get pregnant at a young age, and struggle through their lives with new babies, and schools, and jobs really opened my eyes at such a young age. I was very inspired by each and every one of these girls for different reasons.

Anyways lets get to Maci's story at hand. Out of all the girls I watched on TV Maci has by far always been one of my favorites. I loved how much of a good mom she was to Bentley no matter how hard it was to get pregnant and have a baby at such a young age. She was responsible enough to finish high school before she even had Bentley. As well as getting jobs here and there and going to school on and off until she finally graduated college recently. Her graduating really inspired me to work hard at school even though I do not have a baby.

I am so glad I got to read her story. From falling in love with Ryan all the way to falling in love with Taylor and having Jayde. I feel even more connected to her more now after reading her story then just after seeing it on TV. Definitely give this a read, its really inspiring.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs