27 July 2015

Review: Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson

Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson 
Publisher: Little Brown, & Company
Release Date: May 18, 2015
Book Format: Hardcover
# of Pages: 400
Synopsis: THE NINTH AND ULTIMATE MAXIMUM RIDE STORY IS HERE! Legions of Max fans won't be disappointed by this encore episode in the beloved series about the incredible adventures of a teenage girl who can fly. As Maximum Ride boldly navigates a post-apocalyptic world, she and her broken flock are roaming the earth, searching for answers to what happened. All will be revealed in this last spectacular "ride"- a brand-new grand finale featuring all of the nonstop action, twists and turns that readers can rely on in a blockbuster Patterson page turner!



My Review: 
I borrowed Maximum Ride Forever by James Patterson from Barnes & Noble and this is my honest review.

After finishing what I thought was the last book this series, Nevermore I was sad. I have read this series non-stop until I finished from 7th grade, and I was not ready for this world to end. As you can imagine, when it was announced that this book was coming out I was ecstatic!

This story was different from all of the others because it was finally the end of the world, and everyone was pretty much going crazy. The flock had problems left and right starting from the very first page. Even though the problems stabbed me in the heart over and over again it is one of the reason why I love these books. The non-stop action, and adventure thrilled me until the last page. Another thing I love about Patterson books is that the chapters are only a few pages so it makes it almost easier to fly through it. For me, when I read I do not like to stop in the middle of chapters so reading is books is a breeze because the chapters start and end within two or three pages.

Half way through the book I was convinced that this book was going to be the worst ending out of all 9 books. The reason I say this is because many many people were dying and I just could not see there being a good turn out. But then Patterson showed his skills and took everything I was thinking at the moment and threw it completely out the window. I was dumbfounded, but I also felt so much better!

There was so much heartbreak here that at times I did have to put it down because I did not want to believe what was happening. But I have to say, I like this in books because it shows that us as readers are connecting with the characters, and I would imagine this is a goal writers have in general. I believe though, that by the ending this is finally the last book in the Maximum Ride series, and that for me is really hard. This series is one of the book series that really got me into reading when I was younger and I am not ready to let it go. But I have to say that the way Patterson ended everything pleased me greatly, and I have no hard feelings towards these books at all. I would recommend these to anyone, and everyone!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs