07 April 2013

Review: Next Summer by Hailey Abbott

Next Summer by Hailey Abbott
Publisher: Scholastic Paperbacks
Publication Date: June 1, 2005
Book Format: Paperback
Number of Pages: 230
Series: Summer Boys Saga #2
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Synopsis: Things are heating up again. Can you handle it?

The SUMMER BOYS girls are back for another dose of sizzling drama. Will soul mates Beth and George be able to maintain their long-distance love affair, even while another boy is catching Beth's eye? Will reformed bad girl Ella REALLY be able to suppress her wild ways? And can shy, smart Kelsi open herself up to love again, even after she's had her heart broken? And what's happening with Jamie on her summer writing program? Find out all this--and much more--in this sexy sequel.I bought Next Summer by Hailey Abbott and I am writing an honest review.


My Review: Next Summer is the second in the Summer Boys saga by Hailey Abbott, and since it is the second book I am not going to tell you what the book is about because there were a lot of spoilers. I will tell you about the characters though.

All of the characters are obviously returning characters, the main characters are sisters Ella, and Kelsi, and then their cousin Beth. The sub characters are George (I can’t tell you his role in the story because it’s a major spoiler!) Adam, Tim, and Jeremy (whom are new characters except for George)

Lets start off will Ella when we meet Ella in the first book she is labeled as basically a slut I guess you would say nobody calls her this to her face it’s just an accepted fact. She’s always fawning over guys and she can’t go a day without having one which of course causes problems for her. The sub character associated with Ella is the life guard Jeremy whom she meets through her cousin Beth. Jeremy is definitely not her type he’s completely shy and he likes to get to know a girl before he does “things” if you know what I mean so it is fun to watch how thins between these two fan out.

Next we have Ella’s older sister Kelsi who is single and trying to not be such a bore which she is according to her sister. I like Kelsi though the way she is normally she’s her own person very smart and she knows how to handle herself in certain situations but the only thing that sucks is that she is taken advantage of very easily because she’s so nice and easy going. The character associated with her is Tim. They meet at the annual beginning of the summer bon fire but they don’t exactly hit it off which makes their story interesting to read about as well.

Lastly, there is the cousin Beth. Now It’s going to be a little tough to talk about Beth and the guys associated with her without giving away spoilers so I’m going to try my hardest to say very little about all three of them. Beth is a sweet girl but she is very naive, she doesn't seem to see the good she has right in front of her which you’ll see if you read the book. The two guys associated with her are George who we meet in book one I happen to love George he is so adorable and funny and just all around amazing so it is sad that we don’t get to see a lot of him in the book but you know I’ll get over it. The second guy is Adam whom Beth meets on the beach while surfing because she accidentally gets ahead of herself and lets the tide pull her out to far, so yes this means that Adam is also a lifeguard and came to Beth’s rescue. Adam is a new character in this book so there was some getting used to. But I have to say for reasons I didn’t really enjoy the parts of the book he was in so I can’t say much about him.

Overall the book gets a 5 out of 5 stars because the crazy drama in the book had me turning pages non stop! I don’t know what it was but I could not put the book down not even in class which was not good but ya know a girls got to get her reading in.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs