10 March 2013

Review: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Publisher: Atria/Emily Bestler Books
Publication Date: December 25, 2012
Book Format: Paperback
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I bought Warm Bodies from Amazon and am providing my honest review.

I’ve been wanting to read Warm Bodies since it came out and because I want to check out the movie but I couldn’t do that without reading the book first, because I’m OCD like that. As many of you probably know Warm Bodies is the story of a zombie who meets a human girl and starts to have feelings for her. I mean really? What is this world coming to?! First were falling in love with vampires which is I guess okay because all they need to do is drink blood instead of completely killing someone. But zombies! They actually need to eat a person to stay alive so at first I was a tad bit skeptical.

The first few chapters of this book kind of confused me. It was just meeting R and seeing his life in the zombie world, that seems normal I know but some things happen in the very beginning that have nothing to do with the plot at all. Like R meeting a random zombie girl and getting married to her and then having kids thrown at them?? What was that about? It was definitely not needed in the book.

I liked R from the start, even when we first met him while he was eating people and stuff he still seemed like a pretty good guy. He didn’t enjoy eating the people but he knew he had to, to survive which is the only reason why he did. I think that R is going to be in my mind for a long time after I finish this book.

In about the middle of the book a little before we are introduced to a new character, Perry. I’m not going to tell you how because it’s a spoiler but I have to say Perry’s character at first did give R a run for his money in my mind. Even though I loved R from the beginning I started to feel bad and like Perry as well. Julie seemed like a cool character as well, I liked it when she started to open and trust R it surprised me because you’d think she wouldn’t be as open at first because dude! He’s a zombie and at any second he could eat your brains!

I was very nervous to read this book but I have to say I’m glad I gave it a chance because I fell in love with this book. It gets a 5 out of 5 stars, and I can’t wait to read the movie.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked the book, I only recently finished it and really enjoyed it! I loved R as well he was so funny and likeable (things you'd never think you'd say about a zombie) Also I really enjoyed the memory via brain eating idea... kinda creepy but really awesome. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs