18 February 2013

Review: And Sometimes Why by Rebecca Johnson

And Sometimes Why by Rebecca Johnson
Publisher: Putman Adult
Publication Date: February 18, 2008
Book Format: Hardcover
Number of Pages: 320
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

And Sometimes Why has been on my bookshelf for quite sometime and this year I am participating in the TBR Pile Challenge so this will help me with that. This is also my honest review.

This is the story of two "families" going through a really tough time. We meet Sophia and her family who consists of her husband Darious and two daughters Miranda, and Helen. The other family is actor Harry Harlow and his wife Catherine. I do not want to spoil the book for anyways so I will say this, somehow these two familes cross eachothers path and theres a tragedy that we will watch them work through.

I very much enjoyed this book I enjoyed seeing all the characters evolve in their life, I liked watching them change some for the better some for the worse. We met Sophia who is a mother of two and a wife and we watch her kind of live her life questioning everything she does. We watch her husband Darious use his smarts to try and help one of his daughters. We also see both of there daughters, two completely different people go down two completely different and scary roads.

The second family is much different from the first. We meet Harry who is an actor and is in between jobs and this is causing problems in his marriage to his wife Catherine, who we do meet in the book but we don't really know much about her so I can't say much about her.

Something I enjoyed about the book but at the same time did not like is how many different point of views were in the book. Now don't get my wrong I love switching it up a little bit in the story because that is what keeps a book interesting but there were some point of views in the story that I did not understand nor did I think were necesary. For example on the set of Harry's show there was a camera man named Anton I'm not going to tell you what happens to him but there are random chapters in the story that are all his point of view which confused me because he really didn't have anything to do with the story.

Overall the book gets a 4 out of 5 stars because I enjoyed the characters and the authors writing. I'm hoping to be able to read more of her work in the future.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Pov switch ups is tricky. Sometimes it makes the story confusing instead of highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs