10 February 2013

Early Review: If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin
Publication Date: March 26, 2013
Book Format: e-ARC
Number of Pages: 256
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch from Net Galley for my honest review.

If You Find Me is about two young girls Carey, and her little sister Janessa who live with their mother in a camper in the woods. But after awhile Joelle their mother abandons them which means the two girls are left to fend for themselves in the woods in the middle of the winter. Luckily though Carey’s dad and a social worker finally finds them and this is where we start off in the book.

When I started the book I was a little confused by what was going on in the beginning but as the book went on it got clearer. We start of seeing these two young girls bond and it was a great thing to see. Most sisters have some type of close bond but these two had the greatest bond I’ve ever seen between two sisters, and yes the reason why they have such a strong bond is unfortunate but it was still beautiful to see.

Carey is a really strong character and I said this many times while reading she is really a character that people should look up to. No matter what was happening she was always thinking about her younger sister first making sure she was okay and safe and I loved that about her. I absolutely loved Janessa’s character she was the sweetest little girl ever! She always made me smile while reading!

One of the only things that I didn’t really like were sometimes in the book Carey would go off into her own little world. Sometimes it’s fun to be inside someone else’s head to see what there thinking but it just seemed like we were in her head way too much sometimes all the thoughts weren’t needed but this did not take away too much for me I still loved the book.

This happens to be this authors debut young adult book and I have to say that I definitely do want to read everything she writes because I fell in love with this book! I kind of wish there was a second book so I could see how the two sisters get along with their new parents and Delaney. In the end it gets a 5 out of 5 stars I definitely recommend this book to anyone it was fantastic!

View all my reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs