29 September 2012

The Pack Retribution Tour: Review

Hey peoples today for the Pack Retribution tour I'm going back in time a little with a review of the first book The Pack by LM Preston! So I'm kind of in a rush so here's my review.

The Pack by LM Preston
Synopsis: Shamira is considered an outcast by most, but little do they know that she is on a mission. Kids on Mars are disappearing, but Shamira decides to use the criminals’ most unlikely weapons against them—the very kids of which they have captured. In order to succeed, she is forced to trust another, something she is afraid to do. However, Valens, her connection to the underworld of her enemy, proves to be a useful ally. Time is slipping, and so is her control on the power that resides within her. But in order to save her brother's life, she is willing to risk it all.




My Review:

I received The Pack from the author for an honest review.
When I first picked up The Pack by LM Preston I was a little nervous to pick it up because I’ve never read any book that was about living life on mars to be honest I never thought I would be interested in something like that but I really enjoyed this book, I probably would have liked it a lot better if I was able to read this straight through without having to stop and read something else but I still enjoyed this very much.
The Pack is about a girl named Shamira who lives on Mars with her parents and younger brother and is also blind. But being blind does not stop her she knows how to hold her own thanks to her parents who have been teaching her to fight ever since she was little, and now she can basically beat the crap out of anybody no matter what size, which comes in handy because her little brother gets taken by basically this horrible gang and Shamira has to save him.

I love love loved Shamira’s character usually the books I read the girls are emotionally strong not physically strong but Shamira was the complete opposite because she could take down any person who fought her but when it came down to opening her heart to a guy she was deathly afraid and that’s something that made this book different which is something every book should have.

Another unique thing about the book was that it was on Mars! I mean have you ever read a YA book that’s plot is on Mars? Because I haven’t I mean if it didn’t say Mars a lot you probably wouldn’t have known but I still think that it was pretty cool.

I gave this book a 4 out 5 stars because while it was good I did feel like some of the information was run on and that some scenes in the book weren’t actually needed but still enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs