25 August 2012

Early Review: Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler

Who I Kissed by Janet Gurtler
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: October 1, 2012
Number of Pages: 320
Book Format: ARC (From Around The World ARC Tours)
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read and am reviewing Who I Kissed from Around The World ARC Tours for an honest review.

I didn't realize how deep Who I Kissed would actually go! It's a story of a girl named Samantha and she's a swimmer. One night while at a party her crush Zee abandons her to make out with another girl so she decides see wants to get back at him by making out with someone else. Unfortunately she chooses the wrong guy. Reason being because the guy she kissed Alex has a peanut allergy and she had a peanut butter sandwich just before going to this party. Crazy right?

The night Alex dies is the worst night of Sam's life because she believes this is all her fault. But thankfully she has her best friend Taylor her dad and her aunt Allie to help get here through this. That's what the whole book is basically about Sam getting through her guilt and getting through losing some friends and being bullied. Sam's character is the good girl so you'd think that nothing like this would happen to someone like her, but it did.

My favorite character though was Aunt Allie, Just because she was so caring and crazy at the same time. She believes in like fortune telling and hand readings and spirits and things like that which some people would probably think is weird but I really liked that about her and I liked that Sam accepted her aunt for who she is she didn't call her crazy all the time like her dad did.

The plot was really interesting and deep like I said before. There isn't many YA books based solely on a peanut allergy so having a book that is for once is good because it's good to let the world know that there are severe peanut allergies out their and people do need to be careful! Even though this was a fiction story it was very eye opening and it could be very real that's why I'm giving this book 5 out of 5 stars!


View all my reviews






3 comments:

  1. allergies are a scary thing. This book DOES seem deep. Great review Paige!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut allergies are scary! I don't have any food allergies luckily but I do have asthma which can be scary. One of my doctor's patients died while at Disneyland of an attack and it just goes to show how scary these things can be. I didn't want to read this because it sounds so sad. I can imagine the guilt even though she didn't know and it really isn't her fault. It is still a horrible thing to happen. And to be bullied for it sounds even worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this book and like you, I didn't realize how deep it would go. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs