11 July 2012

The Keeper by Natalie Star

The Keeper by Natalie Star
Publisher: Decadent Publishing
Publication Date: January 6, 2012
Number of Pages: 224
Book Format: e-book (Review Copy)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Well I finally finished this one and I must say I really really enjoyed it! Natalie Star did an awesome job keeping us turning pages because there was basically a new twist almost every chapter! In The Keeper our main character Billie wakes up on her 16th birthday with the same nightmare she has on the same day every year. But what she doesn't know is that every things about to change. That morning her mother gives her a special necklace and she sort of doesn't like it at first but little did she know it's probably the thing that will safe her life!

Like I said I really enjoyed this book but there were some things that sort of annoyed me. For instance the book starts on her 16th birthday and ends on like her third year in college. Weird right? I don't think the time needed to be stretched out that far but I'm glad the author didn't put boring stuff in the gaps she kept me very Well entertained.

One of the other things that was hard was the nasty love triangle! Usually I can handle them but this one was extra hard because her lovers were in the same body. Hold on! let me explain her protector Tyler was using someone else's body and he can come and go as he pleases. So while he was in Tyler's body he fell for her but then when he left she fell for the person he left behind who is also tyler. I know hard to understand it was crazy at first for me too. But the ending turned out good and I'm glad.

I sort of wish I knew more background about what exactly Billie was like she has these powers and she's called "The Keeper" but what is she the keeper of? Hopefully we'll find out more if theres a second book but I'm not sure if there will be one because the ending was more of a standalone ending!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs