12 July 2012

Early Review: Eve & Adam by Michael Grant & Katherine Applegate

Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: October 2, 2012
Number of Pages: 304
Book Format: ARC (Around The World ARC Tours)
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Eve & Adam started off with a bang let me just say that! In the first what? 2 chapters our main character gets hit by a car which causes her to lose her leg and really mess up her hand. Crazy right? That's one of the things I loved about this book. This book is about our main character Eve having to deal with being hit by a car and trying to heal in her mothers "hospital". While she's in this hospital she starts to unravel secrets about her mothers business that she never knew before. I can't tell you those secrets but definitely read the book to find out what those secrets are.

Like I said I enjoyed this book but a few parts did kind of annoy me like it seemed like the whole secret business thing seemed to be drawn out jus a tad to much. Like I thought there would be more that not just that one storyline. Also the title of the book is Eve & Adam but there was barley any Adam. Each chapter was from a different POV it switched back and forth between Eve & Solo and finally Adams chapters came in at the very end of the book and like i said more of Adam would have been better and if you want to know why read the book!

We met a bunch of different characters starting with Eve she's a smart girl because she knows her mother isn't exactly a good person when a lot of other people are tricked by her I guess you could say. We also meet Eve's best friend Aislin who I liked just because she seemed to be the sort of stupid slitting best friend that a lot of books have and I liked that because it makes the main character look even better. Our last big character is Solo who is basically Eve's mothers property because his parents are dead and her name was on their will to care for him. But the weird thing is that of her 16 or 17 years she never knew of Solo before.

The reason why I picked this book up is because I was told that the main character would be making her own boy and I thought what?! I so have to read that. Imagine being able to create your own person I'm not sure I would want to because it seems like it'd be hard work but I'd give it a try if I had to! Overall I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars because even though some things annoyed me I still enjoyed it!

View all my reviews


2 comments:

  1. amazing review Paige!!
    I've been wanting to pick this one up for havent been able to get to it. Im glad that you enjoyed it a lot even with the little things that annoyed you XD lol
    Im so getting to this one soon!!
    great review!! Muah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by these secrets you're hinting at, I've had my eye on this book for a while now, you see. I just hope that when I read it, I won't be as annoyed :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs