10 May 2012

The Secret of the Scarlet Stone by T.L. Clarke Review

The Secret of the Scarlet Stone (A Gabby Girls Adventure Novel, #1)The Secret of the Scarlet Stone by T.L. Clarke
Publisher: One Wish Publishing
Publication Date: January 27, 2011
Number of Pages: 242
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Secret of the Scarlet Stone by T.L. Clarke was a lot better then I thought it would be. When I was first asked to review this which is the first in her Gabby Girls Adventure Novels and the second in the series, I was a little skeptical not because I didn’t think I would like it but because I was scared that it was going to be to young for me. But I’m glad I picked it up because although it was a younger read it was very refreshing!

Our main character in the first novel is Gabrielle. We meet her before she goes to the special school that her grandmother has enrolled her in. Before she arrives we find out a little bit of background information about Gabi. Like how her parents died a few years back and that she is going to the school because all the generations in her family has gone to this school.

When Gabi arrives at school she meets the headmaster who is not so nice and she another girl Jessica. Who is a Gabby Girl too but neither of them know it yet. They quickly become friends and start finding out that they both have weird powers. Jessica shows Gabi around and then they make their way towards their room where they meet their roommates and the other two Gabby Girls. Whose names are Zora and Rosalinda.

Throughout the novel we start seeing what these girls’ personalities are really like. We find that Gabi is very brave she leads the girls on this big adventure that they have and is not afraid to take charge if someone slips up. Jessica is the nervous one. No matter what is happening she’s always scared and very hesitant. Zora is the smarty pants she helps them decipher and codes and things like that to help them through the adventure. Lastly we have Rosalinda she is the snot of the group no matter what she’s always trying to put someone else down and she’s always whining about just about everything! Thankfully near the end Gabi puts her in her place.

Together the girls go on an adventure that helps them find out what they really are and what there true powers are. Along the way they get clues and together they need to use those clues to get to the end of the adventure. These four girls did a great job working together even though at some points they lost there heads but they still kept it together nicely.

I’m very excited to dive into the next Gabby Girls Novel to see what their next adventure is going to be!

View all my reviews

***Something new I do with my reviews, Below are the challenges that this book contributes to!***


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs