22 March 2012

Review Pandemonium By: Lauren Oliver

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Warning: Ready to shoot myself over this cliff hanger! So if this review is a little rambly (Yes making up my own word here) please don’t take it out on me. I’ve just finished reading so I’m still getting over the book =)

As you all know Pandemonium is the companion novel to the one and only Delirium. Which I hope you also all know that I liked it I’m just not a fan of these huge cliff hangers! So anyway the story is Love is illegal. If you fall in love your diagnosed with Deliria and basically if you get it they cure you but if they believe it’s gone to deep they lock you up. Lena the main character of course in the beginning is following the rules and is going about getting her cure but then she meets Alex whom she falls in love with and that is where I stop telling you about the story if you want to know more go read it!

Lena is a really cool character because at first she’s not a rebel at all. She’s scared of not following the rules and getting in trouble because of what happened to her mother. But she does over come her fears and fall in love which I’m glad about because everyone deserves to fall in love at least once because it truly is an amazing feeling.

Now let me say what happened in this book I was so not ready for. But it wasn’t totally hard to handle until the end which I can’t talk about because I can’t spoil it, but one of the things that I really liked about Pandemonium is all of the new characters. The big ones in particular are Raven she is the mother basically in the story she takes care of Lena when she’s sick and hurt and gives her a place to sleep and be when she needs it the most. Raven basically gives Lena a whole new family.

Next up we have Tack who we don’t see a whole lot of but after they break apart from the other half of the group he Is the one that stays with Raven & Lena. He’s sort of the hard headed guy who just wants to take care of his friends well family. We don’t find out much about his past but I feel like he must have had a lot of heart break for him to be like that. I think it would be really interesting to have a little side story about Raven & Tack just like Lauren did one for Hana because I feel like there’s something more to the two of their characters.

Lastly the character that I didn’t want to but I fell in love with is Julian. Now love is banned through out the whole book and the point is that Lena is falling in love anyways but this love is different because she’s falling in love with the other side all most and I’m not going to elaborate on that again because of spoilers but I think you get the point. Julian is this sweet guy whose had a really rough life and he just wants to be left alone he doesn’t want to risk his life with surgery anymore he doesn’t want to hate his dad anymore he just wants to be normal and I have to say I think Julian deserves it because even though he’s supposed to be on the other side he still understands Lena’s side.

Overall I give Pandemonium 4.5 out of 5 stars and the reasoning for that is because I can’t get over these crazy cliffhangers because it just brings the end of the story down for me. The only good thing about it is that I need to get my hands on the next book now!

View all my reviews

*IF ANYONE HAS READ PANDEMONIUM AND WANTS TO CHAT ABOUT IT PLEASE EMAIL ME PAIGEBRADISH@YAHOO.COM BECAUSE I'M DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO GOSSIP WITH I GUESS YOU COULD SAY ABOUT THE BOOK =)

2 comments:

  1. Cliffhangers are so hard to read because you know you want the next book but it makes the year wait seem to take forever! I have yet to read Delirium but I plan on reading it very soon since I just got Pandemonium from the library :)

    Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Pandemonium but didn't love it .. The ending was incredible though and I'm dying to read Requiem nowww !!!! Great review Paige :) !!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you guys so leave as many as your heart desires =)

 
Imagination Designs